I was just ordered to pay child support and I received a letter stating I am already in arrears, what does this mean?

By Heisler Law Office | July 26, 2018 | 0 Comments

An arrearage for child support purposes means that there is an outstanding monthly child support obligation that has not been paid. Unfortunately if you have recently been ordered to pay child support through the Friend of the Court, then you may likely be in arrears. After a child support order has been established, it then […]

Read More

I was just served with divorce paperwork, what do I do?

By Heisler Law Office | February 14, 2015 | 0 Comments

If you received divorce paperwork you should have received a document called a “Summons and Complaint”, form MC 01 (at the bottom).  Read this form carefully.  This form will tell you how many days you have to file an “Answer” to the Complaint for Divorce. You have 21 days after receipt of the Summons to […]

Read More